The sound of beans breaking in half, the taste of sweet tea, and the sound of laughter are just some of the things I think of when I remember sitting on the front porch! Family and friends all gathered around sharing stories and making memories. You never knew who would show up on the porch but the porch was never empty. Anyone who stopped was offered a hot cup of coffee and a smile! Many songs were written, recipes traded, and naps were taken right there on the front porch. It was a place where loved ones and strangers just passing by would come to relax and enjoy the time and company the good Lord provided. Somehow sitting on the porch made life a little more enjoyable.

As I reflect on memories of a simpler time I felt led to bring some of that same encouragement to you through my writing…so come on over to The Front Porch. I hope that your heart will be touched as you read the things the Lord lays on my heart to share…kick your shoes off(if yer wearin any)…sit a spell...coffee anyone?



Monday, January 17, 2011

Raisin Boys Blues

( I ran across this poem that I wrote back when the boys were just little guys. It made me smile so I decided to post it. If you have boys at home this might make you smile too)

I sat on a mud pie and smashed it flat-
around the corner, I saw three little hats.
I tripped over a truck, runnin with the switch-
caught my foot in a rope and fell in a ditch!
Determined to catch the little rats-
I followed the sound of two squeeling cats.
Water from a squirtgun hit me in the face-
Put that down! Thats a  new glass vase!
Jumpin out of the closet is a big green frog-
in the bathtub is a wet soapy dog.
Fish in a bucket, a wagon full of rocks-
a rope tied to a bike made of dirty socks.
Without the Lord on my side, Id surely lose-
It is true, Iv'e got the "raisin boys blues"!
Yes, I've got the grass stained knees, dogs got fleas,
butter knife missin,water snake hissin
punchin, hittin, burpin, spittin-
creek wadin, my memry fadin-
muddy shoes...raisin boys blues!

1 comment:

  1. Loved it Trish! Thanks for sharing! : ) I'm in the midst of this season! So glad to know there are so many who have been right where I am! (and survived!)
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete